As part of this commitment AB Lewis will not source any timber species prohibited under CITES and will seek from suppliers:
- The clearest information and evidence on the source of wood products
- Evidence of good forest management practices at the original source of wood products
- Evidence of commitment to continuous improvements in environmental performance
These procedures ensure that AB Lewis is not directly or indirectly involved in the any of the following activities:-
- Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products.
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations.
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations.
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use.
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations.
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
All AB Lewis employees associated with timber purchasing act in accordance with this policy and are given appropriate training. The company has a designated director responsible for policy implementation to ensure compliance. Environmental issues relevant to this policy are regularly discussed by the AB Lewis management to ensure continuous improvements in environmental performance.
Please contact us if you require any further information on our policy or for details of our certified products.